The Rushford DBA is a 180 ECTS credits doctoral programme designed to equip business students, managers, practitioners, and leaders with high-level knowledge, research, and analytical skills so that they can apply these personal and professional attributes to solve the most complex business problems. The DBA programme focuses on the application of theory to real-world business challenges. Students are expected to go through a transformative learning process that enhances their research skills, so they view business situations differently with an emphasis on applying research methods and finding solutions that lead to organisational efficiency, growth and long-term sustainability.
This is a flexible though rigorous programme that can be completed 100% online. Students define the pace at which they complete the programme. Most students are expected to achieve the qualification within 3 years of joining the programme. However, the research pathway can lead to a qualification in less than 3 years.
The Rushford DBA in International Business programme focuses on applied research so that executives, managers, and practitioners can start applying what they learn in the programme in their organisations in real time. Rushford focuses on ensuring that the students develop a very high level of expertise in all areas of international business. The coursework will also focus on the enhancement of research skills, writing skills, presentation skills, critical and analytical thinking skills, and change management skills.
Upon completing the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply research methodologies to study business situations and address business challenges.
Conduct primary and secondary research to understand business challenges.
- Apply a deep understanding of international business fundamentals and practices to predict outcomes.
- Develop a high level of command over business communications.
- Articulate complex ideas, strategies, plans, and tactics in a clear and effective manner.
- Develop a high level of proficiency in creating meaningful reports that use data collection, data cleaning, data interpretation and engaging reporting with the use of data visualisation.
- Engage in academic and professional research activities that may lead to publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Develop high-level proficiency in applying robust research methodologies, study design and study conduct in producing a thesis at the end of the programme as part of the requirement for the conferring of the doctorate qualification.